GoPro HERO8 Black – Waterproof Action Camera with Touch.
- 1 Camera Introduction
- 2 Camera features
- 3 Camera Mode
- 4 WiFi Connector for Hero 8
- 5 Battery life
- 6 GoPro and GoPro Quick(ios/Android)
- 7 GoPro Quik | Desktop (Mac/Windows)
- 8 In the Box
Let’s start with the introduction.
The GoPro Hero 8 Black camera one of the most popular cameras. GoPro Hero 8 is designed to be frameless. It has its own built-in loops at the bottom of the camera that folds in and out. This is very convenient, as I have several times found myself digging through everything I own to find a frame. The caveat is that you do need to tighten the screw down a bit harder than normal or you may get some wiggle with the camera. The redesign makes the Hero 8 slightly thinner than the naked Hero 7 front to back (28.4mm vs. 33mm), but it’s also slightly wider and taller (66.3mm by 48.6mm vs. 62.3mm by 44.9mm, respectively).
It’s lower than the Hero 7 when it’s in a frame, though, and studying you need the frame to do pretty much anything, the net outcome is that the Hero 8 is a lot more pocketable. One of the ideas it achieved this was by making the lens lightly lower-profile., but the trade-off is that the front lens element is no longer removable. The new front lens element is thicker and made with Gorilla Glass, and GoPro claims that it is twice as impact-resistant.
HERO8 Black sends it long-drawn with next-level HyperSmooth 2.0 video stabilization—dramatically improved stabilization over HyperSmooth 1.0. HyperSmooth 2.0 works in all resolutions and frame rates, features a new Boost mode and has in-app range leveling. Also new, TimeWarp 2.0 features automatic rate adjustment and tap-control speed ramping. HERO8 Black sports four digital lenses to simply choose a field of view improved audio with enhanced wind suppressing, customizable method presets, and a lighter, frameless design featuring closing mounting fingers. Shazam!
The frameless plan also makes changing batteries and SD cards even quicker; plus, the lens is presently 2x more impact resistant. Vloggers, pro filmmakers, and hopeful creators can do longer than ever thought with quick-loading assistants that bring flashes, microphones, LCD screens, and more to HERO8 Black. Automatically adjusts speed based on motion, scene detection, and lighting. Tap to slow down to real-time and again to speed back up. Customize your screen with the shortcuts to the features you use most. Night Lapse Video – Shoot impressive time-lapse videos at night in 4K, 2.7K 4:3, 1440p or 1080p, all prepared in-camera. Transfer to Phone – Your photos and videos transfer automatically when connected to the GoPro App for on-the-go sharing. Its Camera features that are amazing.
- Streamlined Design with Folding Fingers
- HERO8 Black Mods Compatibility
- Digital Lenses (SuperView, Wide, Linear, Narrow
- HyperSmooth 2.0 Video Stabilization
- TimeWarp 2.0 Video
- SuperPhoto + Improved HDR
- Night Lapse Video
- Live Streaming in 1080p
- RAW in All Photo Modes
- Presets + On-Screen Shortcuts
- Intuitive Touch Screen
- Touch Zoom
- Voice Control with Wake on Voice
- Portrait Orientation
- Photo Timer +Short Clips
- Rugged + Waterproof to 33ft (10m)+8x Slo-Mo
- 100Mbps Bit Rate
- Face, Smile, Blink + Scene Detection Exposure Control
- Photo: SuperPhoto + Improved HDR
- LiveBurst: 8MP, 12MP Output
- Night: Auto: 2s, 5s, 10s, 15s, the 20s, 30s Shutter
- Burst: Auto: 60/10, 30/10, 60/6, 30/6, 30/3, 10/3, 30/1, 10/1, 5/1, 3/1 Intervals
- Additional Photo Settings: Photo Timer, Touch Zoom, Protune
16:9 Aspect Ratio
- 4K 60 Wide: Wide Lens(60, 30, 24 fps), SuperView Lens(30, 24 fps), Linear Lens(60, 30, 24 fps)
- 2.7K 120 Wide: Wide Lens(120, 60, 30, 24 fps), SuperView Lens/ Linear Lens/ Narrow Lens(60, 30, 24 fps)
- 1080p 240 Wide: Wide Lens(240, 120, 60, 30, 24 fps), SuperView Lens/ Linear Lens(120, 60, 30, 24 fps), Narrow Lens(60, 30, 24 fps)
4:3 Aspect Ratio
- 4K 4:3 30 Wide: Wide Lens, Linear Lens(30, 24 fps)
- 2.7K 4:3 60 Wide: Wide Lens, Linear Lens, Narrow Lens(60, 30, 24 fps)
- 1440p 4:3 120 Wide: Wide Lens(120, 60, 30, 24 fps), Linear Lens, Narrow Lens(60, 30, 24 fps)
Video File Format
- MP4 (H.264/AVC), MP4 (H.265/HEVC)
Max Video Bit Rate
- 100Mbps (2.7K + 4K)
- 4K 30 Wide: Wide Lens, Linear Lens, Narrow Lens(30 fps)
- 1440p 4:3 30 Wide: Wide Lens, Linear Lens, Narrow Lens(60 fps)
- 1080p 120 Wide: Wide Lens, Linear Lens, Narrow Lens, Narrow Lens(120, 60 fps)
- Intervals: Max, 5m, 20m, 60m, 120m
The promise of GoPro’s upcoming modular accessories, the Media Mod, Light Mod, and Display Mod look set to really differentiate this iteration of the Hero from anything else on the scene.
- 2 cold-shoe mounts to attach your favorite lights, mics, or LCD screens
- HDMI-out port to monitor or playback your footage
- 3.5mm mic port lets you add an external mic for enhanced audio
- A built-in directional mic delivers crystal-clear audio and reduces wind and ambient noise
- The unique and compact wraparound design adds portable expandability and ensures mounting remains easy
- Specially designed for use with Display Mod and Light Mod for HERO8 Black, and compatible with third-party accessories
Display mode is a folding front- or rear-facing 1.90-inch display that is attached to the top of the media mode. It is the perfect size for both deadly shot framing and folding when not in use.
- Built-in rechargeable battery and micro-HDMI connector
- 2-inch flip-up screen makes vlogging easy
- Compact and sturdy with a low-profile appearance
- Folding design for easy storage and transport
Waterproof to 33 feet (10 meters), wearable and gear-mountable, the Light Mode is the world’s most varied light. The Light Mode is ready to brighten any scene, whether mounted to the Media Mode or attached to a GoPro mount, it’s rechargeable, and it comes finished with a diffuser to soften brightness when filming with HERO8 Black.
WiFi Connector for Hero 8
The GoPro Hero 8 and GoPro Max 360° cameras require a special pairing process for activating their WiFi adapter. This is where the WiFi Connector for Hero 8 app steps in. The app pairs your device with the GoPro over Bluetooth and enables the camera’s WiFi network.
- Supported models: GoPro Hero 8, GoPro Max. The app also works with older models such as GoPro Hero 5, 5 Session, 6, 7, and GoPro Fusion.
- Connect to Wifi networks directly from the app (Windows, iOS, Android).
- Once the WiFi network is connected you can use it as usual for streaming and controlling the camera with other apps (e.g. Camera Suite or Camera Controller)
As for battery life, it lasts for roughly 50 minutes on a single charge, so just like the GoPro Max, the Hero8 Black is good for a day out sporadically shooting two-minute clips here and there. If, however, you’re looking to continuously shoot for hours on end, then you’ll want to pack a spare or a power bank. The Hero8 Black’s door detaches, making it convenient to keep it plugged into a power bank for long shoots, provided you don’t need weather-sealing.
GoPro and GoPro Quick(ios/Android)
- Live preview makes it easy to frame the perfect shot
- Get full remote control of all camera functions
- Share photos and videos to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and more
- Analyze your photos and video clips to find great moments
- Add transitions and effects, and sync everything to the beat of the music
- Customize your story with text, filters, music, and more
GoPro Quik | Desktop (Mac/Windows)
- Transform your footage into edited videos synced to music
- Automatically import your photos and videos and share your best shots
- Comes bundled with GoPro Studio for more advanced editing
In the Box
HERO8 Black Camera | Rechargeable Battery | Curved Adhesive Mount | Mounting Buckle | USB-C Cable | Thumb Screw.